PAK is a collective term for several hundred chemically related compounds. Chemically it is about aromatic hydrocarbons whose structures consists of several condensed rings.
PAK are solids or only hardly volatile compounds that are almost insoluble in water, but soluble in aromatic hydrocarbons.
Some of these PAKs are carcinogenic.
In the field of construction PAK containing substances were often used in the following areas:
- Tar containing and bituminous adhesives under wood parquet
- Asphalt flooring (mastic asphalt, asphalt floor tiles)
- "Tar cork" (tar glued cork granule tiles and pipe shells)
- Bituminized roofing and sealing membranes
Every project is thoroughly planned by us and is divided in the following steps:
- 1. Determination of the PAK sources
- 2. Decision about the necessity of a PAK redevelopment
- 3. Choice of the remediation process and creation of a work and safety plan according to German regulations for occupational insurance schemes (BGR) 128
- 4. Remediation of the affected areas
- 5. Cleaning of surfaces
- 6. Coating of critical surfaces
- 7. Efficiency review
In the area of redevelopment, we only rely on trained employees and use our modern machines and meters.
Test our efficiency